Monday, April 23, 2007

Is Apple an Environmental "Bad Guy"?

There's been some negative press lately for Apple Corp. regarding its environmental record, with Greenpeace picketing Apple events, and some email campaigns making the rounds. From what I can tell, it seems like Apple still has a way to go, but at worst it is on par with other Computer manufacturers, and given market share, a company like Dell is having a far greater negative impact. Apple does make its case, though. Perhaps this additional attention, and the presence of Al Gore on the BOT of Apple will help as well.
A couple of thoughts: Macs and ipods seem to have a long life. I believe data shows that Macs tend to be usable for a longer period than PCs (check out www.lowendmac.com), and become hand-me-downs. Also, Apple seems to have decent trade in policy (not that I would know, I have a de-facto Mac museum in the works).
Any ideas from my fellow Mac Lovers?

Greenpeace off the Mark

No comments: